Last week, Courtney tagged me in this post to come up with seven things you may find interesting or may not know about me. I like this idea – get to know a bit more about the blogger behind the keyboard for those of you who may not know me ‘in real life.’
Typically, in situations where I have to give a ‘little known fact’ or unique thing about myself, my knees surgeries (7 in total!) and Osteochondritis Dissecans are my ‘go to’. On the blog, however, that’s the one things you already DO know about me!
1) I’m an irish twin. My next youngest brother and I are 11.5 months apart and for 2 weeks each year, we are the same age. Since the beginning, we’ve got along really well – we were experiencing the same highs and lows at the same time and having the same child/teenage reaction/adult reaction to it.
2) I’ve visited 11 countries. A study abroad in France in college was the spark that ignited the insatiable travel and international travel flame. In total, I’ve been to: France, Switzerland, Belgium, Italy, The Netherlands, Scotland, Germany, Greece, Costa Rica, South Korea, Japan.
3) I am a carnivore, through and through. I gave vegetarianism a shot for 7ish months in college…while I worked in (and loved eating at) a steakhouse. It was all over when I let Alex make me a steak + mushrooms/onions for Valentine’s Day that year. Peace out, Boca Burgers!
4) I am kind of lazy about my upkeep. Not to mean I’m unkempt, just prefer to spend my time and energy focused on other things. I get my hair cut once every few months and use dry shampoo 5 days a week so I don’t have to wash and dry my hairmore than twice a week, body and facial hair waxed so I don’t have to shave or pluck it, eyelashes tinted occasionally so I don’t have to remember mascara (I never remember mascara) and rarely paint my nails because I can’t keep them up once the polish starts chipping off.
5) My apartment is haunted. I am convinced! There have been instances of bedroom doors opening after they were latched shut, hanging pictures somehow getting off-center when I lived alone, toothbrushes falling into the bathroom sink with no one around, strange noises. I’m sure watching Ghost Adventures isn’t the best remedy for this either.
6) Salty > Sweet. Everyday. Except for those few days a month where I ONLY WANT A BROWNIE. You know the days I’m talking about, ladies. But the other 90% of my life, I want pretzels, fries, and a sea salt shaker for every meal.
7) Give me a few seconds of a song and I can probably tell you song name and artist. Whether full blast in the car or over the noise of a loud crowded bar, I’m really good at doling out artist and song titles of way too many songs. And genre doesn’t matter – if I’ve heard it, I can usually recall it. Unfortunately, this ‘recall skill’ doesn’t translate very well to ‘things my fiance tells me’.
And now, it’s your turn! According to the ‘rules’ I get to tag people to post 7 things about themselves. I’m picking 7 bloggers so head’s up: Lauren @ Lauren’s Tri Blog, Janene @OneRun At A Time, Lena @ Fit On The Rocks, Diana @My Marble Rye, Tiffany @ Snack Snark Bark, Melissa @ Live Love and Run, and Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio.