Last year, I started making a monthly goal sheet and I really enjoyed the in-my-face accountability it had, posted right on my fridge. I skipped December goals because I was out of town and by the time I got back, it was already Christmas and New Years.
So here we are in January and with it, a new monthly goal sheet!
This month, I will:
- Make that damn honeymoon photo book! It’s been on my list for at least 3 months.
- Make 2 new meals/dishes from our cookbooks. I want to continue this all year.
- Finish reading 2 books Halfway through my first!
- Stretch EVERY DAY. I lost a lot of flexibility after surgeries – I can’t even touch my toes anymore! I intend to get that flexibility back.
- Be in bed by 10:30 p.m. on school nights. Early to bed, early to rise… I hope. I’ve been staying up (and getting up!) way too late these days.
Easily achievable and posted squarely on the fridge where I can’t help but see it every time I’m in the kitchen. Insta-reminder.
Alex usually writes his goals in a few days after I put the sheet on the fridge. He like to take a day or two to mull over his monthly objectives before committing.
The goal sheets are a practice we’ve both come to appreciate and enjoy, really. It’s fun (I can’t believe I just said that!) to think of 3-5 attainable goals for the month and it feels great to cross them off. I feel like that sounds kind of… adult to be setting small, realistic goals and to enjoy crossing them off.. but I guess that just means I’m growing up.