In no particular order, here are some food stuffz I’m loving:
1. Salmon. It was on sale last week at
Kroger King Soopers so I bought 2 lbs, cut into 6 servings. I ate 4, Alex got 2. So good, so easy to make and so healthy. I really like cooked salmon the next day for lunch… cold.
2. Stone Ground Mustard. This stuff is the bees knees. Great on lunch sandwiches (with Udis Gluten Free Bread!), grilled chicken or hamburger patties. It costs a bit more and you get a bit less than ‘normal’ spicy mustard – worth it!
(P.S. WordPress isn’t letting me rotate that photo. Sorry folks.)
3. The Best Homemade French Fries. Ever. I have tried making homemade french fries in a myriad of different ways. Then, I remembered these delicious looking fries from Susan’s blog. Made them 2x (see Salmon above) in 3 days last week. So effin’ good! Who knew parboiling was the trick?!
And yes, I ate 2 hamburger patties. The cheeseless one fell on the ground and the cheese fell off… and I ate it anyway. You say, ‘GROSS!’, I say, ‘HUNGRY!’
4. Chocolate Chip Cookies. Made these with Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk (same recipe as here). Just as tasty! Unfortunately, most of the 3 dozen I made went to feed Alex’s office. But I kept a few for us. #BreakfastOfChampions
5. LaMar’s Donuts. Ho-LY COW. I’ve heard a lot about LaMar’s since moving to Denver but in the 3 years (exactly! Today!) I’ve lived here, I hadn’t gotten my mouth on one. This morning at my office’s brunch potluck, my world changed. Best. Donut. EVER. So fluffy, so melt-in-your-mouth soft. Happy Friday to me!
This weekend, I’m attending the Blend Retreat in Boulder and can’t wait to meet, hike, eat and drink with some fabulous bloggers (and non-bloggers!) and friends. From what I hear, I’ll be eating and drinking a lot more great food stuffz this weekend. I can’t wait!